Total Pageviews

Saturday 26 November 2011

This, that and the other!

Busy again this weekend with Craft Shows - just finished one this afternoon and have another one tomorrow, all day.

Last evening I was invited to join my old colleagues from the Library at their Christmas Party.  It was great seeing them all again.  I do see some of them once in a while and we quite often take in a movie, but not with all of them of course, so this was quite a treat.  Boy do I miss them, not the place, but my great colleagues and patrons.  Here's a photo of them................


Aren't they a delightful bunch?  I'm right there in the middle, just like the queen, surrounded by her minions, LOL  They would love that if they could see what I have written.  Good company, good meal and even the weather was pretty decent considering it's now nearly the end of November.

Not too long ago I painted a little shelf that I had purchased from the Dollar Store and installed it in my bathroom.  I think it looks quite cute.  Not bad for a dollar!!



I also picked up a little angel and painted her cream also.  This kick I am on, painting everything in sight cream, I must say, does make everything look bright and cheerful, even on the most dismal of days.



Some people think I am a little cuckoo doing all this crazy stuff, but I think it sure beats being alone and having nothing to do.  You just don't realize how you could fall into being a recluse until you retire and no longer have your day-to-day routine.  This gives me a purpose, until I find some volunteer work, and forces me out of my apartment to go looking for unusual and inexpensive items to cheer up and give a home to.  At least I am not bringing stray animals home, LOL

I just finished painting this table and then had to stage it with "stuff" to make it look pretty, so here it is, you be the judge.....................


Foolishly I forgot to take a before picture but I made sure I took photos of my next project before I start to paint and re-upholster................


Jut a little T.L.C. and this footstool will be beautiful.  Some of you are shaking your heads, but, c'est la vie.  Of course, I will post pictures once it is completed.  I already have some ideas of what I want to do.  Well, I guess that's it for now.  Must go and have some of my yummy soup I made the other day, it's more like a stew than a soup, but it's very tastey.


Couldn't resist another photo of my darling grandson - here he is post Dairy Queen.  Looks like he licked the container clean, LOL  What a sweetie.

One last thing before I go, I had painted another frame and it was just sitting in my craft room waiting for whatever, and then someone posted a picture of an old Woolworth's menu - that's it, printed it out and framed it...............

T.T.F.N.