Total Pageviews

Tuesday 29 November 2011

Good times with friends

Tonight I went to the movies with my friends from the Library.  This is the movie we went to see.  It was excellent.  If you get a chance to take in this one, I would recommend it.  Can you believe it, it wasn't even full of course language, a few little naughty words here and there but on the whole it was easy on the ears.  The entire cast worked very well together.  Worth watching, or should I say, "two thumbs up".

TOWER HEIST

Tower Heist

Queens native Josh Kovaks has managed one of the most luxurious and well-secured residences in New York City for more than a decade. Under his watchful eye, nothing goes undetected. In the swankiest unit atop Josh's building, Wall Street titan Arthur Shaw is under house arrest after being caught stealing two billion from his investors. The hardest hit among those he defrauded? The tower staffers whose pensions he was entrusted to manage. With only days before Arthur gets away with the perfect crime, Josh's crew turns to petty crook Slide to plan the nearly impossible...to steal what they are sure is hidden in Arthur's guarded condo. Though amateurs, these rookie thieves know the building better than anyone. Turns out they've been casing the place for years, they just didn't know it.

A few weeks ago, I bought a couple of oval frames from Value Village - didn't have a clue what I was going to do with them but knew that I would come up with something.  This is how they looked then..............................


This is what I ended up doing with them.  I found some file folders in the Queen's Cupboard, a local antique, etc. store and thought they would make a perfect centre for these frames, which of course, I painted cream...............


I'm not quite sure where they will end up yet, but I'm positive that they will find a home somewhere in this apartment.  I might have kept them as they were but the pictures were a little washed out.  They look better on here than they did before I painted them.

Tomorrow I have to go for my monthly back injections, Ouch!!!  I hate having to go because it hurts soooo much.  I'm confident that they do help, at least with the sciatic nerve they do, but the pain in my back is still unbearable at times.  I had thought that things would have become much better once I retired, but they haven't and I sometimes think that if I hadn't retired when I did that I couldn't have continued to do my job.  As I keep reminding myself, there is always someone who is worse off than me, so things could always be worse, couldn't they?

I have another Craft Show on Saturday.  This one is at one of the local churches and I'm hoping that it will be better than the two I did last weekend.  After that, I just have one more in my apartment building and then I hang up my gloves for at least six months.  I think the first one of 2012 will be in May.

Well dear friends, time to go, but before I do, if I could just ask a favour of you all, without you even knowing who this is (but God does), could you offer up a little prayer for a friend of mine who is having surgery this week, that all will be well and for a speedy recovery.  Thank you so very much, the more prayers the better and I know that many of you do believe in the power of prayer.  Goodnight and God bless.