Total Pageviews

Tuesday 28 June 2011

Home, Sweet Home

Well, I'm certainly glad to be home, but I'm sure I will miss my darling grandson terribly.  It's hard to believe just how much he has changed in the last six months, gone from a baby to a little man.  What a personality he has.  I had the pleasure of sharing in his second birthday - he was a perfect host to his friends and even entertained the adults later in the day.........



Anyway, the trip (13 hours) wasn't really that bad as I had the Sony e-Reader that my fabulous co-workers at the Library bought me as a leaving gift, but the trip back was very long and tedious and I didn't have anything to read as the books that I had downloaded before I left home had expired.  You have to have access to a computer to download more or extend them.  I think I just might invest in a laptop for future trips so I can blog, e-mail and download books.

My two sons and my precious daughter-in-law were very hospitable (I'm sure I must have been a pain in the butt some of the time, LOL) and they tried to make my vacation enjoyable.  The highlight of course was seeing Rhys and getting all the cuddles and kisses I could handle.  I shall certainly miss that.....




Okay, that's enough showing off.  You'd think I was the only woman in the world with a fabulous grandson........

When I returned home, there was a message on my machine from the doctor's office and my blood is still low, so have to go for more bloodwork in about a month.  I certainly hope this can be sorted out and I get more strength back.

Also, my super called and asked if I could be out of my apartment by the 15th July (I thought it would be by the end of July) so that the new person can move in on the 1st August.  Of course that is fine with me but I now have a big push on to arrange for the moving of my "stuff" across the hall and call the utilities people, etc. and I also had planned on buying new furniture and finding a home for the old, so I had better get cracking.  I also have a Craft Show to prepare for all in that time span, so it's going to be pretty hectic for a while.

Last but certainly not least, a very BIG thank you to my buddy Laurie from "How my time flys" for looking after things whilst I was away and watering my plants on the balcony.  She did such an excellent job of taking care of them that even my Christmas cactus is blooming again - I think it was only two months or so ago that it was in full bloom.  Kudos to Laurie.





That's all for today - hope I haven't bored you silly - I really have to find some fun stuff to write about but I had to share about my recent trip.  Talk to you soon.