Total Pageviews

Tuesday 30 April 2013

Delightful evening with the girls

I always look forward to my Tuesday evening out with the ladies from the Library.  Tonight it was Helena and Janis and we went to the early show and dined on pizza and coffee in the theatre.  So much fun.  The movie we saw was "The Place Beyond The Pines", starring three very good actors, Eva Mendes, Bradley Cooper (I do so love me some Bradley) and Ryan Gosling, who by the way hails from London, Ontario, Canada where my sons and I lived for many of our Canadian years.  Lovely city.


"Luke is a high-wire, motorcycle performer who travels from town to town with the carnival. While passing through Schenectady, he tries to reconnect with a former lover Romina and learns that she has given birth to their son Jason in his absence. Luke decides to give up life on the road and provide for his new found family by working as a car mechanic. Luke's boss notices his ambition and talents, and proposes to Luke that they work as partners pulling off a string of spectacular bank robberies. This puts Luke on the radar of ambitious rookie cop Avery Cross, who is also has an infant son and is dealing with the menacing and corrupt detective who runs the local police department. The consequences of Avery's confrontation with Luke will reverberate into the next generation when their two sons must face their fateful, shared legacy."

This was a pretty good movie and brought out quite a range of emotions, but bottom line was once you cross the line between honesty and corruption, the consequences can be very harsh and lives ruined.  Go and see it if you can.

My lovely friend Laurie gave me a fabulous set of hat boxes for me to sell at my Boutique.....




and these two came from some dear soul in my apartment building............




I love getting donations and enjoy spending time on some that need work, revitalizing them and putting them in the Boutique for someone else to enjoy.

I added two more scarves to those I recently knitted.  Such gorgeous colours out there.....




This is the crow table I just finished and it's now for sale in the Boutique.  Just waiting for the "right person" to come along and fall in love with it.....


You haven't seen many photos of my Boutique for a while - it's always improving and we are continually finding new items to display..........








The Bushplane Museum here in the Sault http://www.bushplane.com/
asked me for a donation for their Mother's Day Luncheon and this is what I gave them....


Well, that's about it for now.  Hope you are having a great week.  Hoping to see these two little darlings in the next month or so.  I have to have some tests, e.g. cat scan etc. so as soon as that's over, I will be heading down on the Greyhound for kisses and cuddles.



'Til next time.  Love,