Total Pageviews

Saturday 28 January 2012

Joyful Noise & Happy Cabinet

The girls (Helena, Janis, Nancy) and I went to the movies to see "Joyful Noise".  It was fabulous.  Loved the music and laughed lots.  It's a good wholesome family type movie.


"Joyful Noise" is the story of a small town choir out to win a national competition despite overwhelming odds. A story of faith and determination by the choir leaders (Queen Latifah and Dolly Parton) and the young talent who give their all to win God's praise and beat the competition for the grand prize.


I mentioned in my last blog that I was purchasing an old curio cabinet from "The Queen's Cupboard" and was waiting for it to be refinished and delivered.  Well, I heard today that it should be finished and delivered by Wednesday.  Yippee, then I can fill it up with more junk object d'art, LOL.  I know, I can hear a few groans already!!  In case you don't remember what it looked like, here it is again, but just imagine what it is going to look like painted cream......................




What have I been doing with myself, well, I started to tidy up my craft room, it's a disaster in there.  I began but haven't quite finished.  As you can see, there is lots to tidy up...............




I'm starting to think that perhaps I should begin downsizing all my "creations".  My Etsy account isn't doing anything so all I have going for me is the Craft Sales here locally.  I do fine in those but I think I am beginning to lose some interest.  Afterall, it is very difficult for me to get around to them as I don't drive and with my health issues it is not without much pain.  I would be quite happy if I could find someone who would buy up the whole lot.  No reasonable offer refused, but they would need a truck to take it away, LOL






I hung another of my dear friend Laurie's artwork on my wall, always a pleasure to do this (here is her blog.....  http://laurie-whentheboughbreaks.blogspot.com/




Fiddled around with the cloches (thanks to so many people for different suggestions)............


And here is a little birdhouse that I repainted.  It's so cute and adds a little colour to my otherwise very plain living room.......


Last but not least, I have been re-painting very ordinary frames and making them a little more vintage/shabby chic looking.  I don't know if I am actually accomplishing this look but I sure am having so much fun trying.  I have re-framed quite a few of my wall decorations with these new frames and I think they look quite lovely, for example, Laurie's painting and my son's mentioned in my last blog.


Some of them I have shaded to make them look antiquated and others I have added embellishments before I painted them, making them look old.  Just something to pass away the cold wintry days.

Laurie just mentioned to me that the elderly lady we told you about a couple of blogs ago (actually about three weeks ago), is supposed to be coming back to her apartment.  As far as we can make out, she is going to be having some home-care (nursing I imagine) and she does have a cleaning lady who comes in every two weeks.  Perhaps she will also be wise enough to opt for Meals on Wheels.  This way she could stay at home and make her own plans for when she would like to go into a retirement/nursing home and be able to choose for herself what items she would like to take with her, rather than having it forced upon her.  She must have improved healthwise, and thank God for that, or they wouldn't let her come home.

Well that's it for now.  Nothing much else to talk about.  Been a very quiet weekend for me so far.  Gareth (my son) and Chelsie are coming over for supper tomorrow - I'm looking forward so much to that.  Chelsie is a sweetheart.  Have a great Sunday.  Talk to you again soon.


Finish with my favourite topic!!!!