Total Pageviews

Monday 24 September 2012

Can't stop creating

We had our second Saturday in our new "Boutique".  We have to iron out some growing pains, which of course comes with every new venture, but we are trusting that things will work out.  I advertised in four media and will continue to do so weekly.  We have to try and be fair to each other and respect each others thoughts, feelings and ideas and I'm sure as each of us finds our own "happy ground", things will be great.  We are an easy going bunch and so far work well together and just like a marriage, there has to be give and take and right now I seem to be the one who has the most items (after years of creating) so I have to be prepared to give way when someone else needs to express themselves and have the focus on them instead of on my crap, I mean craft.  That being said, here are a few of my latest projects........

I picked up this tiny chair at one of the thrift stores...........


and painted it white for the gorgeous old-fashioned doll Laurie made me to sit on.................


how cute is that?

I picked these keys up also at the thrift store and shabbied them up to look like old stone...................

As they were


Midway


Finished, to look like old stone


I also made what we call "Hooker Boards", which can have a multitude of uses, including hanging up your coats, or just for decoration.........................

From this

to this

and from this

to this

I found this wine bag recently and decided to paint on it and spruce it up.  It is now in the Boutique for sale.................



Wouldn't this make a delightful gift to give your host/hostess with a bottle of his/her favourite wine?

One more item before I show you my very favourite pieces.  This shelf I picked up a while ago and almost tossed it because I couldn't come up with anything special but whilst shuffling through my bits and pieces I found this pretty rose and decided to add it................


And now for my latest attempts at painting.  These are done in acrylic on wood and lightly sprayed with a Krylon lacquer to seal them.




Of course, I am saving the very best for last.  The latest photo of my darling grandchildren Rhys and Katherine with their parents.  Can't wait to see them all next month.


'Til we meet again, God bless, be healthy and happy.