Total Pageviews

Thursday 2 February 2012

To a caring and loving home!!

Yes, my friends, the curio cabinet (from "The Queen's Cupboard") has arrived, yesterday to be exact, but I had a few things to do to it before I could write about it.  You remember what it looked like in the store (check out previous posts).  This is what it looked like when it found it's new, loving home.............................



And this is what it is looking like now that I have started to fuss around with it.  Doesn't mean that I will leave it like this but I had to rustle up a few things to make it feel welcome.................



For some reason it has taken on a bird theme and, notice the cloches?   Yes, they each have a birdie inside them also.

I finally decided to paint a mirror that I have had for over 30 years.  It has followed us all around to every new home we have lived in and this is how I repay it for all it's loyal service, but I LOVE it, I'm just surprised that I haven't done it before now.........................


Here is some artwork I have just framed.  I took cheap Dollar Store frames and painted them cream and gave them an aged look.  I think they make the prints look so sharp.  The first four are my son's paintings and the last one is my dear friend Laurie's (from:  http://laurie-whentheboughbreaks.blogspot.com/  ). I'm not that good at taking photos and can't seem to get them completely straight, but you'll get the idea.  At least when they are up on the wall they will be straight, LOL






Well, that's about it for now - just had to let you all see the beautiful curio cabinet.  After it had arrived I had to do a little work on it.  Unfortunately the door wouldn't close, probably because the dampness of the paint made the old wood swell, so this afternoon I spent about 3 hours sanding the top and bottom of the door and now it closes like a dream.

Finishing off with a new photo of my darling grandson that my son sent me today, can't wait to see him and my new little grand-daughter (when she arrives - just two more months for the latter) .............................


Have a great weekend.  Talk to you again soon.  Oh, and I cancelled my Etsy Account.  It wasn't doing anything for me and I decided not to put more money into it.  I think there is a knack to it, but it escapes me.  So, it will be the Craft Shows again this year.