Total Pageviews

Sunday 26 February 2012

Crafty Chris' Cream Chair

Thanks for being so patient.  I hope you won't be disappointed in my having kept you waiting for the re-finished child/doll's chair debut.  Here it is.................


This was the before picture, I showed you that last week...............






Before I show you any more, do you like this gorgeous birdcage I recently acquired?  And, how about the bird inside?  The case I bought at a local gift store but the bird was purchased from, you'll never guess, yes.... The Dollar Store.  I couldn't believe it myself because elsewhere you would pay more than a couple of bucks...............


I think it's so cute.  Okay, I know I'm a tease.  Here is a pic of the chair being painted.................


Can you see it coming together?  I think I gave it about four coats of paint, including a a primer.

I picked this up at the Queen's Cupboard a couple of weeks ago and had no clue what I would do with it - I painted it and put it on the inside of my apartment door and decorated it with one of those little wooden stars - I'm teasing you again, keeping you waiting, but it will be worth the wait.



Okay, here goes, first the chair with the decal I mod podged onto it and then finally with the dolls that my friend Laurie made.............









MOVIE NIGHT

Helena, Janis (from the Library) and I went to see this movie recently.  We had a few laughs.  Of course, it was a girlie movie but it was fun being out with the ladies again.  If you want something to go to see with your girlfriends then this is a good one for that.




Two top CIA operatives wage an epic battle against one another after they discover they are dating the same woman.

To end my blog for today here are a couple more paintings by my very talented son.  These would be perfect for his son's bedroom..........................



I stayed home today, the weather wasn't very nice outside anyway and I didn't want to walk to the Mall in minus six degrees celsius, so I continued working on a few more projects I have on the go, some more gems I found recently which I am refinishing in, yes, you guessed, cream paint!!!!  Have a great week.