Total Pageviews

Thursday 4 April 2013

Spring sprang and I must have missed it!!

I can't believe that it is so long since I last posted.  Where has the time gone?  It amazes me how some people (and God bless them) can write every day and make it interesting and I can only write once in a while and have trouble doing that, to boot, LOL  Anyway, I have begun so let's see where this takes me.....

Last night I made a set of cushion covers for my couch.  I was getting a little tired of the "wintery" ones and thought that I could help Spring make it's mind up to stay if I brightened up my place - yes, we are still getting snow and everyone is so fed up with it.  I can't wait for it to leave with the promise of no more, and then I will hop on the Greyhound bus and go and visit my darling grandbabies.  Oh, back to the cushion covers, here they are.....



It's now morning and as I look out of my window I see that we have been "dumped on" yet once again.  When will it end?



There is nothing much to be done about it, so, life goes on!!

A few weeks ago, a lady I have come to know through crafting, thrifting and The Queen's Cupboard, very kindly gave me a couple of primitive dolls.  My interest grew in this artform after meeting her and I now have a small collection to go along with my own primitive artwork.  Aren't these adorable?




This is the other spot where I have some on display......


Look what I picked up today from one of the local thrift stores.  I had seen it yesterday but was unable to bring it home.  Of course it was heavy on my mind when I woke up this morning so I decided to get up early and trek down there with one of my shopping buggies in the hope that it was still there.  It was, but, the buggy I brought was just a little too small for it to fit in resulting in my having to trek all the way home to return with a larger buggy.  Don't forget, the weather was lousy too and by this time the heavens had opened up and we were almost having a blizzard.  Anyway, I got it home.  My intention when I bought it was to fix it up and do what needed to be done and then put it in my Boutique for sale.  I don't think that that's going to happen - I'm smitten and since my colour scheme lends itself to this new addition, I just have to find the perfect spot for it, although where it is now may be where it will stay.  Take a look, isn't it adorable?



It needs a little work done on it, e.g. putting the glass back in the door and some spit 'n' polish but doesn't need any painting, I love it just the way it is.  I could put a new handle on the door, but only if something really spectacular comes along, but really, that would be an unnecessary expense.  I have a couple of beautiful old glass knobs that a friend gave to me so I might try one of those.

Since writing the above, I have decided where to put it (thanks to my friend Laurie's help) and this is where it is and where it will stay, well at least until I am fed up with it and then it will probably take a trip to my Boutique, LOL




So, what else is there to talk about....  I "put together" these cushions, bought everything separately and now have them for sale in my Boutique, love them!!





Another lovely chalkboard.  Note the curvy edges of the frame and I love the aged turquoise look..............


fortunately my customers do also.  Here's a delightful wall shelf unit, just big enough to display some of your favourite small pieces......


I just finished this whimsical piece of artwork.  More for a laugh than for any talent, LOL  It's named "Wits' End", as in "I'm at my.....".


Well, that's about it for my crafting, but before I leave you, I must mention that it was my darling grand-daughter's first birthday on the weekend and she had a party.  Unfortunately I wasn't able to be there but you can imagine I sure was thinking about her.  I bought this little dress for her to wear and I'm sure she had lots of beautiful clothes for presents............


and here are a few photos of the little princess on her special day..............








So beautiful in pink and white with an adorable pink flowered headband.  I am so proud of my little Kit Kat.  Well, that's about it for now dear friends.  Have a great weekend.

Hugs,