Total Pageviews

Thursday 18 April 2013

It's getting warmer

It was Janis' birthday, so the usual crowd from the Library, Janis, Helena, Kathy and myself took her out for pizza and a movie.  This is the one she chose and we all agreed that it was good for a laugh, but found that there was a lot of unnecessary swearing.  Don't understand that because the movie would have been just as funny without all that crap.  Anyway, a great evening was had by all and we all came away smiling, just don't take any children with you when you go to see it.  I thought Jason Bateman was very cute, seems to me that he gets yummier as he gets older, or is it me???




"Unlimited funds have allowed Diana (Melissa McCarthy) to live it up on the outskirts of Miami, where the queen of retail buys whatever strikes her fancy. There's only one glitch: The ID she's using to finance these sprees reads "Sandy Bigelow Patterson"... and it belongs to an accounts rep (Jason Bateman) who lives halfway across the U.S. With only one week to hunt down the con artist before his world implodes, the real Sandy Bigelow Patterson heads south to confront the woman with an all-access pass to his life. And as he attempts to bribe, coax and wrangle her the 2,000 miles to Denver, one easy target will discover just how tough it is to get your name back."

I have started knitting again, even though my fingers are not as flexible as they used to be.  I had seen these pretty scarves and didn't think that I could make them, they looked so difficult, but no, they really are quite simple, but painstaking.  These are the ones I have made so far and I will have them for sale in my Boutique on the weekend..............










I hope they sell because now I have the bug and I'm running low on other ideas.

Just finished a batch of "Hooker Boards".  They seem to be quite popular.  I love making these and distressing them to make them look like they are old.  When I first started to make them I used heavy, cast iron hooks which I shabbied.  I must say, I prefer the boards with those on but I can't get those hooks any more.  These are my new ones............





There is a delightful new store just opened in our city - it sells the most scrumptious British goods.  I have a hard job just walking past it without being pulled inside to see what tempting new stuff he has to offer.  For my local "followers", if you haven't already heard of it, here is the link............

https://www.facebook.com/justbritishontario?fref=ts

Here are a few things I picked up on my visits, bringing back so many memories.  I have yet to pick up a bag of dolly mixtures, my favourite candy when I was a little girl............










I made a few pin-cushions and that's about it for the last week or so.........





So dear friends, that's about it for now.  Here's the little "pickle boy" Rhys, eating his dill......


and Katherine (aka Kit-Kat) with kitty


Enjoy every day.  Hugs,