Total Pageviews

Friday 4 January 2013

Happy New Year


HAPPY NEW YEAR
"This added part is an update (Sunday, 6th Jan.): as you will see from my comments beneath, I had trouble posting my photos.  Imagine my horror when I found out that after all that hard work uploading them to Picasa they didn't even show up in my blog.  I have been spending the last two or more hours trying to figure out how to get them back on and thanks to a lovely lady named Rae Ann, I tried it her way, using HTML and it seems to have worked.  I hope that I don't have to do this every time I blog because it sure is a work out.  Sorry for any of the photos I couldn't retrieve - I don't save every photo I take.  Hugs, Chris"

For the first time, I have been having trouble in uploading photos from my computer onto my blog.  I have always been able to do it so easily but now I find that I have to go through a Google based programme called Picasa.  Is everyone else who uses Blogger in the same boat?  I'm sure that once I get used to it, it will be as easy as pie but to get started it means that I have to transfer all my photos into individual albums from which to draw the photos which I wish to use in my current blog.  Phew, I am so tired of doing this procedure this evening that I just might take a break and go and do something else until I get my breath back, LOL

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and are now looking forward to a peaceful and healthy New Year.  I know I am.  I had a very quiet Christmas, spent with my eldest son and we enjoyed a very nice repast, made by moi, took all day to cook and was polished off in about 30 minutes - doesn't that happen to everyone?  My three sons and family joined together and bought me a fabulous new TV.  I had been resisting getting a new one because the old one worked just like it did the day it was purchased, but with technology constantly changing, I couldn't have my DVD player and the Digital Box connected at the same time and plugging in and unplugging became a bit of a nuisance.  That gave the sons, DIL and grandchildren something really special to be able to get for me and I truly appreciate it.  Why I resisted for so long I just don't know.  Here's a picture of it - aren't I spoilt?



As usual, I have been busy creating and refinishing items for my Boutique.  It's not like I need to do this to fill empty spaces, no, on the contrary, I barely have room to move in there.  I guess you could say that I am addicted to being crafty.  These are a few things that I have been working on over the holidays......

I made some animal magnets.  I had leftover animals from a previous craft, bookends which you will see in my previous post, and decided to put them to good use.  I just hope that someone will take pity on me and buy a few.



A couple of crow pictures which I found on the net and painted
on canvas, giving them my own individual look.


I'm sure this little group reminds you of a famous singing group.  I made silhouette images and mod podged them onto a painted canvas and then framed them.  I was quite a fan of these young men in my heyday, and even received a beautiful smile from one of them when I saw them live.  I'm not kidding!!




I spent quite a bit of time painting and shabbying these beauties - if I didn't already have a nice set of glass end tables I would consider keeping them for myself and they certainly would go with my decor - they have a mirror insert......





I also did this small table and shabby-chiced it too.....






I painted a few chalkboards for the kiddies as well...........



Kellee and Kathy, two delightful ladies with whom I worked at the Library did this unusual Christmas tree for the Main Library just in front of the Circulation Desk for all to admire - what a neat idea...





My dear friend Laurie from   http://iloveacloudyday.blogspot.ca/
came around with a large slice of brownies which she had just made, in fact they were still warm.  They were peanut butter and chocolate chip, something I had never tasted before in a brownie, and they were delicious.  I would have posted a photo of them but they disappeared so fast - my son thought they were great, as did I.

Well, that's it for this post.  I am ending it with some photos of my most favourite people and then I'm going to give myself a headache and work on uploading more photos to Picasa.  Let me know what you think of this programme and if you find it easy to use.




Have a fabulous weekend.  I'm working at my Boutique in the morning so I had better get cracking and figure out this Picasa thing and get to bed.  'Til next time.  Hugs,