Total Pageviews

Saturday 19 January 2013

A'thrifting I will go

This is what it looks like outside my apartment patio window this evening.  I couldn't even open the door to get a better photograph as the screen was frozen shut, but you get the idea of how much snow we have had in the last couple of days.  Thank goodness I don't have to shovel......



I'm also pleased to report that I don't seem to have that problem loading my photos to my blog that I had last time.

It's great being retired and being able to please myself in what I do, but there is a drawback and that is how fast the time is going by.  I remember looking forward to Fridays so much when I was working, but now every day is a Friday and sometimes I even have to stop and try to figure out what day it is, LOL  I seem to pace my weeks by the Saturdays I spend at our Boutique and no sooner do I leave there after putting in a whole day that lo and behold Saturday is back and I'm doing it all over again.  The days in between are usually spent shopping for supplies and treasures for our little piece of heaven on earth and I have to show you what I found at one of the thrift stores yesterday.  For me, it's not a simple matter of just putting an item in a car and driving home, no, I don't drive and my form of transportation is my little shopping buggy.  I'm sure that in our city I am known as "Downtown Chrissy" as I can frequently be seen traipsing the downtown area with my recent "finds".  Here's my latest find and considering all the snow we have recently had, it was no easy feat, believe me.





So, that's how I got it home and I'm sure that I had a few funny looks, but I don't care, at my age I sorta, kinda can get away with it, LOL  This is what it looks like now and I'm not sure what I will do to it, paint it or varnish it, but will post it when it is done.  It seems to be quite old, maybe from the 60's???


Now onto my creations for the week.....

These are 5" x 5" canvases which I purchased from Pat at the Queen's Cupboard.  They had a different picture on them which I completely covered and then did my "altered art" thing to them.  Not everyones taste, but I just love them (for now).  They could end up in my Boutique in a few months, who knows!!......






I finished off the coffee table, which kind of goes with the two end tables I did a couple of weeks ago.  The only difference really is that the end tables have mirror tops and the coffee table has a smokey glass top......



As you can see, if you look closely, it is shabby-chic'd to match with the end tables.

I painted a couple of wooden lighthouses.............






I didn't realize just how much I have done until I started putting them on the post, so I'll just feature one more selection and save the rest for another time.  These are some gorgeous glass containers filled with potpourri and small lights and topped with a beautiful lace doily and vintage flower.  I hope these sell and then I'll make some more..................









Have to finish up with a pic of each of my most precious grandkids.  It will be a couple of months until I see them again (when the snow goes and it's safer to travel), but they are in my heart and thoughts all the time...................

Mischievous Rhys

and "Butter-wouldn't-melt-in-her-mouth" Katherine


Well, that's all for now folks.  Have a wonderful weekend.   See you soon.  Hugs