Total Pageviews

Tuesday, 18 December 2012

One week from today

I painted up this sign for the wall outside of our Boutique doorway.  Hopefully people can see it as they walk down the hall.


It's hard to believe that in just a week it will be Christmas Day.  I don't know why, but it doesn't feel very Christmassy.  Perhaps it is because the weather isn't typical winter weather.  Not that I am a lover of snow, au contraire, I can't stand it, but at least it does add to the Christmas atmosphere.

This evening I went to the movies with my ex colleagues from the Library, Helena and Janis.  It's always a pleasure to spend time with these two lovely ladies.  (Jenny-Wren, I missed you this evening - the ladies told me you were coming and I was disappointed when they said that there was a change of plans - perhaps another time.)  This is the movie that we watched and we all seemed to enjoy it.  I had never seen a 3D movie before so it was quite an experience and I loved how I could reach out my hand and almost catch a bird.


"Based on the best-selling novel by Yann Martel, is a magical adventure story centering on Pi Patel, the precocious son of a zoo keeper. Dwellers in Pondicherry, India, the family decides to move to Canada, hitching a ride on a huge freighter. After a shipwreck, Pi finds himself adrift in the Pacific Ocean on a 26-foot lifeboat with a zebra, a hyena, an orangutan and a 450-pound Bengal tiger named Richard Parker, all fighting for survival."

I'm enjoying the time we (Carol, Gary and myself) have been spending at our Boutique.  We are only open on the weekends and decided to open on Sunday afternoon, along with our normal Saturday, until Christmas.  What a waste of time, LOL - two weeks ago I made $8 and this last Sunday I made $5.  One more Sunday to go (this weekend).  Saturdays have picked up since the main street in town has re-opened after having been closed off for the whole of the summer for construction.

Here are a few of the items I have been working on this past week.  Hope I sell them this weekend.  Along with these new items, we have lots of great ideas for Christmas gifts.  We have such a variety of both old (antique) and new and even repurposed items, all waiting for new homes.  Stop by and visit us if you can.










I picked up this little basket at our Church's bazaar a couple of weeks ago and it is perfect for holding my received Christmas cards.


Have a wonderful and blessed Christmas filled with all good things, but especially with those that you love and cherish.


Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda
Joyeux Noel
Froehliche Weihnachten
Buon Natale
Hyvaa joulua
Feliz Navidad
and so on and so on and to all....
Happy New Year

42 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Chris! You've been busy! Nicely done! And I agree (as a non snow lover) - it really does need to snow! I think it's going to!
Dawn

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I loved the book "Life of Pi" and am looking forward to seeing the movie -- perhaps this weekend? Did you like the film?

Melodee said...

cute stuff! I'm loving the black distressed paint:)

Glenda Atkins said...

Love what you have been doing Chris, must keep you pretty busy:O) Have a Merry Christmas!
hugs
Glenda

Liz said...

I love the black painted items, very unusual. Christmas greetings from Scotland!
Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

Loretta Thomas said...

I always love seeing what you have repurposed and these items are so nice. I love the hearts on the doors of that small shelf. Thanks so much for sharing! Please join our new site! Thanks!

Hugs & Best Wishes!

Tracy Joyner said...

Hello Chris~
Thank you for the kind words about my CrochetHappy blog! I do like to share..LOL If you are a crocheter, you might enjoy the website as well? www.crochethappy.com

I enjoyed my visit to your blog..now following you as well. I have a friend who would go nuts over that little cabinet with the heart doors.

Thanks again for visiting!

TracyAnn from www.crochethappy.com and http://asktracyann.crochethappy.com

Terra said...

I would like to have the book shelves with the heart doors; you are selling some sweet things.

Our Neck of the Woods said...

That sign is very nice! I've seen previews for that movie and it looks interesting. I'll have to check it out!

tourareas said...

Thanks for your grateful informations, am working in Tourism Website ,
so it will be a better information’s for me. Try to post best informations like this always

Lisa Isabella Russo said...

Oh my gosh! I love your items, absolutely wish I could teleport! I saw that movie as well and I quite enjoyed it. I've seen a variety of 3d movies and it works better in some than in others, this time I think it was good! Lovely sign, thanks for stopping by my blog!

Enjoying the Epiphany said...

Chris,
I love your blog and am following you as well! I hope that you have a lovely holiday season.

:-)

Hugs,
Sarah

Jawed Ali said...

Get your own home based job in data entry, copy pasting, clicking and different more jobs
www.jobzcorner.com

RACHEL TaoOfPoop said...

That sign looks so professional...You know, I was just complaining that it didn't feel like Christmas because of the tropical-like weather. Then, it got COLD and now I'm complaining about that! :)

Tracy said...

The weather here has been odd as well. Warm weather, even rain!!!
We do have snow, but not as much as usual. The temps are getting quite a but colder today though.
Your projects look great :)

Island Rambles Blog said...

Merry Christmas and have a happy New Years. cheers.

Nannieflash said...

Hi Chris, have a wonderful Christmas with your family. hugs Shirleyxxx

Pam said...

Merry Christmas!

Grandma Bonnie said...

Merry Christmas!

Jo May said...

Hey Chris,I'm here following back,I appreciate your sweet comment on LoblollyLane,and I am so tickled your following.
Merry CHRISTmas!
Have a blessed 2013.
~Jo @ LoblollyLane

Adin B said...

I am your new follower via Friendly Friday Hop. That is one beautiful sign you made and those projects you did. Beautiful photo of you all. Merry Christmas and may you have a wonderful new year!

Adin B
http://www.thriftysahmway.com

Holly McDonald said...

Hi Chris,

Thanks for following me and I am gladly following back!

Holly
http://notdonegrowing.blogspot.com/

Laydilyke Stephanie said...

Thanks for visiting my blog Crochetapy. You have a lovely eclectic blog yourself.

Preeti said...

Hi Chris,
Thanks for visiting and joining me! You are my 100 th follower :)
You have nice boutique with good collection. Glad to follow you back:)

Annie said...

Thanks for finding my little blog and following! I'm now happily following you! Happy Holidays!

Rox said...

Thanks for finding me! Happy to follow you back. I'm excited to see your future posts, it seems we have a lot in common!

Chrissy @ Adventures in DIY said...

Hi Chris - thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving the super sweet comment! I see you keep yourself very busy with these great projects! :)

Diana - FreeStyleMama said...

Hi Chris~ Hope you had a great Christmas. Thanks for visiting my Bento Blog Network site. I don't make bentos as much anymore, but these mamas are sure creative with food! I am following you via GFC & Pinterst. Make sure you check out my Diana Rambles blog too!

Thanks! Happy New Year!

Bento Nurse said...

Lovely work! Hope you had a great Christmas.

Teddyree said...

Thanks for finding my blog, hope you do visit often. I'm now following you here and on pinterst. I love shabby chic and antique or vintage items. We're off to see Life of Pi this week. All the best for 2013 :)

Rebecca said...

Hi Chris-- Thanks for following my blog and for your lovely comments. I am now following your blog as well and look forward to reading more about the success of your boutique. I just read Life of Pi this year but have not seen the movie yet. I hope you have a wonderful New Year!
Rebecca @ The Key to the Gate

Rachel Cotterill said...

I have The Life of Pi, waiting to be read on my kindle. 3D films aren't much good for me, though, as I don't see in three dimensions!

Rachel Cotterill said...

I have The Life of Pi, waiting to be read on my kindle. 3D films aren't much good for me, though, as I don't see in three dimensions!

Grandma Bonnie said...

I am stopping by to wish you the best in this New Year!

Jess @ Fairday's Blog! said...

HI Chris, Thanks so much for stopping by Fairday's Blog! It's great to connect : ) What a lovely spot you have here! I absolutely loved Life of Pi and the treasures you found look amazing! Happy New Year! ~ Jess

Anne said...

Thank you Chrism for stopping by white lace cottage and leaving a sweet comment!
I am now following you too!
xx
Anne

linda said...

Hi Chris thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such lovely comments, am now following your blog too, hope you will visit again soon. :)

Lady In Read said...

thanks for stopping by and your wonderful comments.. am following you now.. love your treasures.. especially the candle stand..:)

Brittany said...

Awwww. i love this selection of items.. Hugs.. Brittany, xx
http://mymagnoliacardsbybrittany.blogspot.co.uk/

Lizzi's Creations said...

I love your projects! I wish I had a boutique to sell my crafts. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Now following yours!

Carla said...

I like all the bookcases. Looking good busy girl. I like you signature tooo

Lenetta Carnes said...

It's a great way to stay on track. Have a great day. :) Here's the link in case you want to check it out. Thanks again.http://lenettacarnes.blogspot.com/2013/01/weekly-goals-linkup-1.html

Also,My daughter, Kisha, also is taking over Fill In the Blank Fridays. The person doing it has decided she can't do it anymore so Kisha is now doing it. Her first one is today. Would love for you to join us there also. It's a fun one. Her blog ishttp://www.kjaggers.com/2013...

You can also go to her page and at the to sign up for a reminder on both of these each week
 Have a wonderful evening. :)