Total Pageviews

Wednesday, 12 December 2012

Counting down the days

It's almost the middle of December and before we know it, Christmas will have come and gone.  I love all the festivities that go along with this time of year.  Tomorrow, I am going to supper with a few friends, Elaine, Susan and Anna-Mae and then we are off to see a local production of "Singing in the Rain".  I'm sure it will be wonderful as all the other ones have been.

Today, Carol and I went shopping.  Carol is one of my partners at our Boutique and she has recently moved into a cute little (old) house and is in the throes of furnishing it, after we spent quite a few days recently painting and bringing it up to 2012.  It really is looking quite adorable and she and her cute little doggies are settling in, just in time for her daughter to come home from University and for them to celebrate Christmas together.  I'll show you a peek at her daughter's bedroom (which she hasn't seen yet) but I won't intrude on her life and show anything more......


She still has a few more last minute details to take care of in that room and I'm sure she will have all that done by this weekend.

Well, what have I been up to?  Apart from spending time at the Boutique I have been working on items to try and sell there.

Made a couple of signs like this.....









This is a painting I did for Carol for her new home.  She has it in her dressing room and it looks great with her artsy stuff.  I call her the "Lamp Lady", hence the picture.....



I gave in and bought myself a little hat for the cold winter days.  I'm not one for wearing hats because I have very fine hair and use lots of hairspray, so when I plop one of these on my head, my hair becomes as flat as a pancake and I look dreadful.  I guess now that I am retired I am not as finicky as I was about my looks, so here I am with my new chapeau, feeling rather snug and protected from the elements..........


I tried my hand at making some little bookends for kiddies out of the hard plastic animals you find at most toy stores.  I painted them and added a little board book and hope to sell them in my Boutique.  I think they would look so sweet on a shelf in a nursery......







Here are a few sets of cushion covers which are for sale in my Boutique.. 3 covers for $15........












And a few coat racks, or as we call them, Hooker Boards, that I made


Of course I have to finish off the post with a couple of photos of my adorable grandchildren.  I wish I could spend Christmas with them.  Christmas as seen through the eyes of children is so magical.





Well, that's it folks, until my next blog.  Hopefully it will be before Christmas, but life just might take over and perhaps I will have to attend to other things.  If I don't chat with you before then, please do have a most wonderful and blessed Christmas with family and friends.  I know that this time of the year can be very lonely for some, so if you know of anyone who is lonely or alone maybe you can extend an invitation for a coffee or something, just saying.

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love seeing the progress on the "antiques" sign! Love how you keep busy and productive!
Dawn

Skye said...

I am always impressed that you can turn you hand to almost anything. Great cushions and signs

Fun60 said...

You certainly have been busy! I love your hat though and I am so jealous. I have been out looking for a new hat this week with nosuch luck. lots of them around but either too fashionable so not warm enough or so furry I look ridiculous. But will keep on looking.

Sue@House Pretty said...

You are one busy lady! That must be so fun to have your own booth, especially being able to enjoy it with someone you enjoy spending time with. Added bonus! If you don't post before the New Year, do have a very Merry Christmas, and a safe and happy New Year!

Laurie said...

great post Chris, you have been busy, the babies are getting so BIG,

Sonia said...

Awesome post. Cute Grandbabies! I know they are the joy of your life. :0)

My name is Nicole Nolley said...

Hi there...thanks for the follow and the chance to read your blog. Your Grands are just the cutest! Following back...blessings, Nicole!

Our Neck of the Woods said...

I really like your signs! You look so pretty in that winter hat! Those bookends are so cute as well. Sounds like you are keeping busy!

Christine said...

Have a wonderful Christmas Chris! Adorable grandkids!

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Chris
Love seeing all of your fabulous work again and your grand children are adorable ,wishing you a Merry Christmas and all the best for the New Year
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Mrs. Pedersen said...

Singing In The Rain? That sounds like a fabulous production! ;-)

Yona Williams said...

I absolutely love love love that room so far. Great color.
Wishing you a happy holidays.

I'm stopping by from Katherine's Corner blog hop.

Happy belated Favorite Things Thursday!

http://artpark78.com/blog1/i-made-my-2012-holiday-wreath/

Maria Lipkin said...

Hi Chris! Thank you for stopping by and following along!
I am now following your lovely blog as well ;)

Betsy Brock said...

Sounds like you are busy with all the fun things of the season! Your friend's new little old house sounds delightful, too! Best of luck with sales in the boutique! What sweet things you have there!

Enjoying the Epiphany said...

HI! I am your newest follower and found you on the blog hop. I was kinda, maybe, sorta hopin' that you would hop on over to my blog and follow me back! :-)

xoxo-
Sarah
www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com

Revamp Spunky Rena said...

Hi Lovely, I'm your new follower from Blog Hop.
Love your awesome blog. Feel free to check out & follow my blog @ www.revampspunkyrena.com
xoxo
Rena

Senior Dater said...

That sauna sign would fit perfect ouside my own sauna!

Lisa said...

Wow! Your handicrafts are just beautiful, as are your grandchildren! :-) Thanks so much for visiting my blog and for your kind comments. I very much appreciate the follow and am happy to follow you back. I look forward to getting to know you. Merry Christmas and may your New Year be filled with many blessings, Lisa

Wendy @ E-1-A said...

You are very talented Chris.

Thank you for the lovely comment you left on my blog.

Have a wonderful Christmas.

P.S. I am your newest follower!

storybeader said...

great idea about the children's bookends. And I love the hat! Thanks for coming by and visiting my blog! {:-Deb

Katherines Corner said...

I wish I could visit your shop! SO many lovely things.your grandchildren are beautiful. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things hop xo

Red Nomad OZ said...

HHHMMMmmm... loving those 'Hooker' boards!!! The name most of all!!! I SO admire creative people - because that's something I'm not!! Have a wonderful day!!!

Linda Maendel said...

Hi Chris! You certainly seem like a very creative and artistic person. Lovely post! Thanks for the follow!

Alexa said...

Sounds like you have it all figured out, doing what you love to do and two gorgeous grandkids to boot! Thanks for visiting and for your kind words. Happy Holidays!

Donna McBroom-Theriot said...

Hi there! Thanks so much for visiting http://mylife-in-stories.blogspot.com I'm visiting and now following you. I love the stories that you've posted and look forward to reading more. I just posted a story about How to host a successful cookie swap if you enjoy that type of thing. Donna

http://mylife-in-stories.blogspot.com/2012/12/cookie-swap-2012.html

Stephanie Wnek said...

Thanks for following me at stephwnekcookbookproject.blogspot.com. I and now following you. I love the antiques that you show. Very fun!

Michelle Shannon said...

The hat is adorable! It may give you flat hair but a cozy head is worth it, IMO!

Your grandchildren are beautiful. Hopefully you were able to spend time with them this holiday season!

Happy New Year!

Carla said...

I love the daughters room - color and bedspread. My daughter was wanting something like that. Then at the last minute she switched gears. She still accents with blues and browns

Hope you had a wonderful Holiday season!From day 1 to the end.