Total Pageviews

Tuesday 22 May 2012

Sunny and Clear

It's beautiful here again today, 19 degrees celsius which is very strange because every year at this time it rains and rains and rains because the fair is in town for a week, so, surprise!!


I thought I would post some photos of my apartment, showing some of the changes I have made over the last little while.  It's so much fun when you can do that and not worry about anyone else's opinion or take into account their needs, just do what you want - so selfish?  Not really, just one of the little perks of being alone - it doesn't really make up for having someone special in your life but you make your own fun, so here goes....................


You've all seen this one, the piece I bought from Pat at The Queen's Cupboard recently.  Note all the turquoise knick-knacks.  I bought some myself and then people started giving me some, but now I have plenty, so no more tempting me, LOL



Another view








I put up a gorgeous curtain at the opening to the kitchen area, to hide any mess I might have when company comes.  I picked this lovely item up from The Queen's Cupboard and hung it on a rod supported by hooks that I shabby chic'd...........



I changed the rod since the photo and it's now a nicer looking black one.

I mentioned in my last post that I changed my shower head in the bathroom and this is the new one I installed.............. 


Going to the movies in a couple of hours, so I will finish this off later and let you know what we go and see.

My bedroom hasn't changed but I moved things around in the spare room.............




I've been working on a few artsy-fartsy things and will show them in another blog - not quite finished with them yet.

This one I can show you as it is finished.  I picked up one of those old apple boxes from Pat - she brought loads of them home from her trip down to Southern Ontario "picking".  I painted it, yes, cream and put it in my bathroom to hold extra toilet tissue.  Going to put some decals on it which I have purchased from the Polka Dot Closet.



No new photos of the grand-kiddies - hopefully something soon.  My kids must get fed up with me bugging them all the time, but hey, that's what grandmas do isn't it?

Okay, home from the movies with the library ladies, Janis, Helena and Nancy (who used to work there).  We saw "What to expect when you're expecting".  It turned out to be funnier than I thought it would be and it was good to laugh together.  This is it.............


"Over the moon about starting a family, TV fitness guru Jules and dance show star Evan find that their high-octane celebrity lives don't stand a chance against the surprise demands of pregnancy. Baby-crazy author and advocate Wendy gets a taste of her own militant mommy advice when pregnancy hormones ravage her body; while Wendy's husband, Gary, struggles not to be outdone by his competitive alpha-Dad, who's expecting twins with his much younger trophy wife, Skyler. Photographer Holly is prepared to travel the globe to adopt a child, but her husband Alex isn't so sure, and tries to quiet his panic by attending a "dudes" support group, where new fathers get to tell it like it really is. And rival food truck chefs Rosie and Marco's surprise hook-up results in an unexpected quandary: what to do when your first child comes before your first date?"

Go and see it, if you don't mind a little vulgarity and can get past the occasional swear word.  The chuckles just might be worth it.