Total Pageviews

Sunday 7 August 2011

Continuing in the 'Hood'.

Well, I began this blog just after I retired so it seems fitting that I should post a picture of the place from whence I retired (posh, eh?)  The Sault Ste. Marie Public Libary................


And this is me working the desk just a year or so ago...........


I must say that most of the time I worked here (almost 25 years) I enjoyed immensely - an interesting workplace and a wonderful bunch of co-workers and here I forged many great friendships which I hope will last for as long as I do.  Today you don't come across too many people who are really happy in their jobs and considering how much time is spent doing the same thing with the same people I consider myself to have been blessed.  Now, don't go asking those same people what their opinion is, LOL

So, back to the 'Hood.  Right next door to the Library is the Art Gallery of Algoma which exhibits the art work of many local and well-known artists, including the works of "The Group of Seven".  Check it out http://www.artgalleryofalgoma.ca/galleryshop.html  This will take you to the Gallery Shop and I am proud to be able to boast that my jewelry is sold here along with pieces by much better artisans than myself, so I am "chuffed" to see that the "crawler" across the screen shows a necklace made by moi.  Here's a picture of the Gallery - it's right on the waterfront - very pretty.


This will give you an idea of the type of merchandise which is sold in the Gift Shop, something for every taste.............



And here's a photo of the delightful Mandy (permission granted) who devotes so much of her time whilst attending University to taking care of the Gallery's customers.  Always a lovely smile awaiting you when Mandy is on duty...............



So, continuing my walk along the waterfront of the St. Mary's River is this beautiful water spout.  On a hot and humid day, just sitting close by gives you the feeling of being rejuvenated and cooled, like taking a dip in a bottle of Sprite, LOL...........


This weekend, the Sault has been hosting what is called "The Buskerfest".  Buskerfest 2011 will play host to a number of local vendors, artists and crafts people. Food and refreshments will be available on-site throughout the duration of the festival.  Buskerfest is the perfect event for the young and the young at heart and it's an event which happens every year.  Lots of fun................


The Buskerfest is winding down now, in fact I think it only went until 6.00 p.m. and it's just past that now.  I hope it was a success and raised lots of money.  From my apartment I could hear all the hilarity and cheering of the people, so I'm assuming that in spite of the hot, humid weather, there was a good turnout.  Of course it helps that there were a few good-hearted folk who kept their businesses open so that the public could get some libations, LOL  To finish off today I will post a few pics of the flowers around town.................







'Til next time, have a wonderful "rest of the day".  Hugs, Chris