Total Pageviews

Sunday 31 July 2011

Steamy, Sultry, Sunday

Today has been another very hot day, for us Northern Ontarians anyway - we are not used to these hot, humid days like our neighbours in the South.  The weather sure has been changing over the years.  Anyway, for the want of something to do, I decided to walk from my apartment to the local park (Belleview Park).  It took me longer than I thought it would to get there but once there, I could pace myself, so I sat down with a nice Maple Walnut ice-cream cone and proceeded to snap a few photos here and there.  I expected the park to be teeming with people but it was rather quiet, I expect everyone else was at the beach.  Here's a few photos.........


I did have a few of the water but for some reason they didn't come out, perhaps it was too bright.

I had put my Christmas cacti out on the balcony when I first moved in here and it has been blooming like crazy.  I expected the hot sun to kill it, but it has been thriving, in fact my friend Helena also put hers outside after seeing mine and hers has been beautiful.......


The blossoms on mine have been larger and also double flowers whereas before I have only ever had one.

Talking about Helena, she has been bugging me to de-clutter my apartment and if I listened to her, I wouldn't have anything but the bare essentials, but I must admit, she has been right about quite a few things and she finally persuaded me to buy a "word" to place on top of my curio cabinet.  Instead of talking about it, I should show you...........


It really is quite lovely, isn't it?  And, to top it all, my other dear friend Laurie just told me that she has seen a gorgeous painting in one of the local malls which also has a Parisian theme.  It's in the colours I am favouring and has a raised Eiffel Tower made of wire.  She thinks it would be fabulous above my new cream sectional, la di flipping da!!!  I've just finished creating a lovely collage of paintings above the sectional and I'm not listening to her, no, I'm not, well, perhaps I will go see it.............. Friends, what would we do without them!!!!!!