Total Pageviews

Sunday 24 July 2011

It almost feels like home

I've been in this apartment a week now and it's really beginning to feel like home.  All my new furniture has arrived and I think it looks fabulous, such a big difference from my old, heavy stuff and with it has come a feeling of emancipation - freedom from the past and shedding of old memories.  It's all good.  Here are a few photos of my new surroundings, light and airy and my aim is to keep everything uncluttered, which for me in the past has been a little difficult to do.  I have disposed of so many possessions, including five large garbage bags of clothing which I donated to a local charity and practically all my old furniture was exchanged for band new.  Oh, I nearly forgot, the photos....



This is the new dining area.  Compared with my old place, this is very uncluttered.  My son and I had supper here just a little while ago and it felt very comfortable.


New sectional (smaller type) with glass coffee and end tables.  Big is not always better.  I posted my bedroom a few days ago so will not do so again, but this is a pic of the spare room.....



Finally, thought I would leave you with a photo of the beautiful clock with which I was presented upon my recent retirement from the Public Library.  The City had it inscribed, very posh looking.

Well that's it for today, it's been rather a quiet weekend, but one nice thing that happened on Friday evening, I had dinner with a special lady, Elaine, with whom I worked at the Library.  We had supper at Sandros and then came back here for a cuppa and also to show off my new place.  I think Elaine approved.  Talk to you again soon.