Total Pageviews

Sunday 7 July 2013

Summer is definitely here!!

Well, summer has definitely arrived and I'm already fed up with this hot, humid weather.  I guess I just cannot be pleased - complain when the winter lasts six months and then when the temperature is above 70 degrees.  Ah well, just have to put up with it I guess!!

I'm still busy with my Boutique and on my way there from my apartment just down the street are some pretty flowers planted alongside the road.....












Makes the walk enjoyable.


Talking about the Boutique, sad to say but things were not going too well.  There were three of us when it began and we seemed to be getting along fine but the old adage "Two's company, three's a crowd" came into play and it ended with me having no choice but to go out on my own, for my own peace of mind.  Quite a few people had warned me about three never working out, but as we seemed to get along so well I didn't pay much attention until I became the third wheel, LOL  I rented my own space just across the hall.  I'm loving this and am hoping that they will let me enjoy what I am doing.  I have a goodly amount of valued customers who love to come and visit me - they don't always make a purchase and that's okay.  It's not about money with me (although I don't say no to it, LOL).  No, it's having a hobby which fills my retirement days and satisfies my artistic side.  I'm always making something or other or re-doing an item.  Here are a few things that I have been working on.....





Just finished painting and re-upholstering these dining chairs.  I have done a few in the past but I am particularly proud of these two.



A couple more lighthouses.  Aren't they adorable?



A couple of plant holders, into which I put a couple of clay pots.  Quite cute.

And, I repainted an old highchair.  It wasn't selling in it's natural state so I asked some of my online friends what colour I should paint it and this was the colour which was mentioned the most.


Repainted an old mirror.


and that's about it.  From now on, things are going to be a lot better.  I'm certainly going to do my best to make it work.

Now that I have got all that out of the way, I saved the best for last.  I just returned a while ago from visiting my darling grandchildren and celebrated Rhys's 4th birthday.  It's amazing how quickly these kiddies are changing and growing up.  A few photos of the sweethearts to end this blog.





Oh, before I leave, just have to mention that I sold my crow table that I painted this past Saturday at the Boutique.  She said it was going to a loving home.



That's all for now folks.  Have a wonderful week.  Be kind to each other.

Hugs,