Total Pageviews

Monday 9 January 2012

Waiting for news

Today the weather isn't very nice, still snowy and damp and slippery under foot.  I stayed home today, partly because of the weather and also because I have the sniffles.  My dear friend Laurie from http://laurie-whentheboughbreaks.blogspot.com/  and I have been waiting anxiously to hear news about a dear neighbour of ours.  This lovely lady is over 90 years young but lately her health has been deteriorating and Laurie, bless her heart, has been keeping a very watchful eye on her and doing as much for her as she can.  Quite often Laurie would ask me to join her in visiting with her and we have had lots of interesting conversations, she being an ex-librarian.  That lady has a memory that would put me to shame.  Well, last Saturday Laurie and I were visiting her and she looked terrible (she had fallen a couple of weeks ago and it seems that every day she is in more pain), so we tried to talk her into going to Emergency and getting checked out.  Of course she resisted and said she would think about it, perhaps she would call her doctor on Monday, and so on and so on.  Fortunately her grandson was in town, specifically to check on her situation and he ended up taking her to the hospital.  Well, you can imagine our surprise when we heard that she was sent home, having been told that the awful pain she was in was due to arthritis and scoliosis and was told to take Tylenol every few hours.


Okay, if that's what it was then perhaps in a few days she would be bouncing back, not that she was ever going to be fit, but lately she could hardly walk.  I had borrowed a walker for her to use but she resisted it and then when her grandson came, he rented a wheelchair for her (which was great but needed someone to push it, duh).  To cut a long story short, Laurie found out this morning that an ambulance had taken this darling lady to the hospital and we don't know why or who called it, so hence the title "Waiting for news".  We just hope that she is going to be okay, but we are also prepared for the worst.  Please pray that the Lord's will be done in this because Laurie and I know that this sweet lady is ready to meet her Maker and she has no-one here, other than some dear friends and wonderful neighbours who check on her.


On a happier note, here is a picture of beautiful flowers I received for my birthday from my two sons, daughter-in-law and adorable grandson who all live in Kitchener...................


 I am so spoilt!!!! Thanks guys.

Can't resist putting another picture of darling grandson in here...



The last little while I have been attracted to anything Parisian, don't ask me why because I have never been there nor do I have a desire to do so, but I find them romantic and perhaps a little dramatic, if I can use that word.  I found a few nice graphics at http://graphicsfairy.blogspot.com/ a very nice place where you can find all sorts of fabulous graphics and are allowed to use them for free.  Because I am also into this "cream" kick, I have painted my frames that colour and also tampered with them a little to make them look a little "antiquey" and here are a few examples that I have been working on.............................






I'll probably rough them up a little to make them look "shabby chic"

This little dish I purchased at a new store in the Mall specifically catering to the kitchen enthusiast,  http://www.thinkkitchen.ca/.  I wish I had found a place like this years ago when I entertained.  Alas, I have no need for fancy dishes and such.


This piece underneath was given to me by Pat from "The Queen's Cupboard" and was originally painted in a horrible purple messy colour.  Quick change...............


This is one of the frames I'm working on for a larger coloured print of the Eiffel Tower, not sure if I'm going to rough it up or not at the moment, time will tell, or if I need something to do because I am bored, LOL......................


Hey, just received some news about our friend.  Laurie called and thank God, she is alive, but what's going to happen to her is still up in the air.  She definitely shouldn't be living alone in her state of health but is she willing to go into a home for the elderly or a nursing home?  She has resisted so far and she is a stubborn little lady.  Laurie and I have many times told her that she should put her name down on the list whilst she is still able to make choices for herself, rather than someone come along and make them for her, which might not be what she wants.  I just hope and pray that whatever the outcome, she will be happy.  Laurie said that she is on morphine for the pain and they will assess her at the hospital tomorrow, so at least tonight she is in good hands.  If she does come home, then she is going to need home care, which in itself is wonderful, but will it be enough.  Hope next post will be on a happier note.  TTFN