Total Pageviews

Tuesday 16 August 2011

On the road again

I picked up my ticket to go and see my grandson and I am as "Happy as Larry".  It's amazing how these little persons can slowly creep into your life and embed themselves in your heart.  Well, he's worth getting all excited about, see for yourself..........


Can't wait to pinch those lovely chubby cheeks.  He's so full of energy, that I have to catch him first.

I'm off to the library for a few minutes to say hello to my old cronies and to pick up a DVD.  I'm sure they will love being called "old cronies" but we won't tell them will we, and I hope they won't read this, LOL

Went to the movies this evening with some library ladies, past and present.  We saw "The Help".  It was a fantastic movie.  Set in Mississippi during the 1960s, a southern society girl returns from college determined to become a writer, but turns her friends' lives -- and a small Mississippi town -- upside down when she decides to interview the black women who have spent their lives taking care of prominent southern families.  Aibileen, Skeeter's best friend's housekeeper, is the first to open up -- to the dismay of her friends in the tight-knit black community. Despite Skeeter's life-long friendships hanging in the balance, she and Aibileen continue their collaboration and soon more women come forward to tell their stories -- and as it turns out, they have a lot to say.  If you haven't seen it, you should.  Thank goodness we have come a long way in 50 years, but still not enough.

Laurie from "How my time flys" http://www.howmytimeflys.blogspot.com/ is a wonderful artist and has painted me a picture for one of my bedrooms and I am proud to show it here.................


The photograph I took of it really doesn't do it justice, it's much lighter green and a richer cerise colour.  I just love her work - go check out her blog.

I thought that I just might start showing some of my jewelry here from time to time.  I will be taking part in our local "Art in the Park" this coming Sunday afternoon.  It's one of the best Craft Shows that I participate in and I look forward to it every year.  If you live locally, please remember to stop by.  Not too much to talk about today.  I keep intending to check out the blogs of other people so tomorrow I think I will do just that - that's one way to meet more interesting people from all over.

Well, sleep well, or if you are just getting up, have a wonderful day.  Talk to you again soon.