Total Pageviews

Sunday 20 October 2013

Plod on, Plod on...

I just got the results of my recent bloodwork and my haemoglobin count is down again, so it's back on more meds.  This would explain why I have been lacking in strength and having some trouble breathing and finding it more difficult to walk, but, as the poets of yore would say, "plod on, plod on, the footpath way, and merrily over the stile", LOL - really, what choice do I have but to keep on keeping on and staying busy with my creativity.  What would I do if I didn't do that?  Also, I went for a Geriatric Assessment at the Geriatric Assessment Clinic (I think it's new) at our local hospital.  I think I did very well, but then I do "in the moment" - it's trying to remember yesterday or twenty years ago, or even two minutes ago that I have a problem with.  Anyway, onto more fun stuff.

I had a very good day at my Boutique, in all ways, my sales were acceptable (of course I will never make a fortune but am happy making enough to cover my rent for the month and for the purchases I make throughout each week)..... the customers were such fun and my co-hobbyists were back to being friendly.  Everything to my liking and hoping that it stays that way.... competition and such can be so upsetting, but that's an old story now, so let's leave it there.

What have I been working on this passed week?  Well, let's take a look.......

I picked up two really old and shabby and I mean shabby not "shabby chic" chairs from one of the local thrift stores (between you and I, thrift stores around here are not what they used to be because everyone wants to find a bargain, not just the needy, so the prices are not always low), and worked my ample butt off sanding, painting, waxing, polishing and re-upholstering turning them into two beauties..... from Cinderella, to the Fairy Princess, LOL  This is what they looked like when I bought them and dragged them home on my shopping cart......




I ripped them apart and thus began the transformation........


 






The change begins.....




This material I purchased from our local Fabricland.   I just love it......



Waxed, shabbied and polished.....



All finished.....



I was so tempted to keep them but, let's face it, I don't have anywhere to put them, unless I disposed of other items, so they are safely ensconced in my Boutique waiting for the right person.

This is another item I recently finished.   This is the before picture.....


and here is the after picture........


Last week at one of the Boutiques I bought this darling little knitted pumpkin hat for my precious grand-daughter Katherine and rushed to mail it off to her.


 I asked my son to please make sure he took a photo of her wearing it so I could see how cute she would look in it and him being the most dutiful and loving son went out of his way to please his mum and sent me this adorable photo.... gotta love sons!!




I said I wanted a photo of "Kat", not "dog" - boys will be boys!!!!

This for my dear daughter-in-law, if she reads this.  When I came home from visiting them I purchased a Brita water filter pitcher.  She and my son keep nagging me to drink more water, so I'm trying my best....


Last, but not least, some photos of my little darlings whom I am already missing so much and it's only been a couple of weeks since I visited.......





Well folks, that's it for now.  Have a wonderful week and take good care of each other.

Hugs, 
 By the way, I used to make these signature tags with my name on but I haven't done it in a few years now.  I lost most of them when my computer crashed and I haven't had the desire to make them since.  Don't worry, I have more than I can use - they outnumber any posts that I will ever write, LOL