Total Pageviews

Saturday 14 July 2012

Summer feet, cushion covers and baubles

It really has been a week without much happening.  The weather has been so very warm for our small area of the world and all I've been doing is popping in and out of the local shopping mall to take advantage of their air conditioning.  I may have mentioned before that I do not drive so pretty well everywhere I go, I walk.  This is what happens to you when you do that, be warned, LOL............



My feet are pretty ugly (now there's an oxymoron) to begin with and could do without the bad nail polish job and the hideous tan, LOL.  Anyway, I had to show you as a very good friend of mine had a laugh at my expense when she noticed my feet without shoes.

Not everything is ugly.  I have made some more cushion covers. Hopefully I will be able to sell them.  I sold two sets this week to a really lovely lady and was quite impressed with how they looked on her couch.  These are the latest ones.....................









Went and helped Pat at The Queen's Cupboard today.  It was very, very humid and that on top of the road construction I think deterred people from coming out, I'm sure they spent their time at the beach today, me thinks.  Tomorrow, Pat is taking a lot of her outdoorsy stuff to St. Joseph's Island in the hopes of making a killing.  I hope she does well.  I could have gone with her but the thought of spending all day in the sun.... well, perish the thought!!!

As I said earlier, there hasn't been much happening, so I'll take this opportunity of featuring a few more of my necklaces.  I have come to the end of making jewelry, it has run its course, but I do have oodles of items for which I would love to find homes.  I would even consider selling them to someone who would like to take up where I left off and do all the craft shows without the expense of purchasing the materials and creating them.  Most of the local stores where I had my creations for sale have closed (oh gosh, I hope I didn't have anything to do with that, LOL), no, most of them were newish businesses which couldn't make it past a couple of years through lack of support. I would even consider donating to fundraisers.  I have long given up on the idea of making a fortune!!!!  Well, here goes, just a few for you to look at...............










I had better get cracking with my other crafts.  I have another stool which I would like to fix up and add a water-slide decal (something French, I think), which I purchased from The Polka Dot Closet (http://thepolkadotcloset.blogspot.ca/).  I'm itching to do another one but have been put off because of the warm weather and the humidity.  Also, I have a few pictures to frame and even a few to paint.

No new pictures of the darlings to show you, but hope to get some new ones soon.  I'll put these in for now............



Until next post, take care of yourselves and each other.