Total Pageviews

Tuesday 27 September 2011

Rainy Day in Paradise

It's another rainy day here in the Soo.  Nothing much to do.  I'm still waiting for all the information I need to begin my Etsy account where I am hoping to sell my Crafts.  I am very anxious to start - don't know where this will take me, could be successful and give me something to do during the long winter months or I could be a dismal failure.  I certainly will give it my best shot anyway.  I have been busy taking photos of everything I need to set up and hope in a day or so I will enter into the world of Etsy.  Keep your fingers crossed for me please.  I will try and post a link on my blog, but that will take time as I have to master all the fundamentals first.

Just changed the wreath on my apartment door to reflect the season.................


The trees outside are beginning to change colour and I can't wait for the full-blown effect.  My friend Laurie will probably beat me in posting gorgeous pictures of our Fall - her hubby takes really great photographs - you can check out her blog here if you are interested, she is a wonderful artist also.......... 

I'm off to the movies this evening with the ladies from work.  I'm so happy to still have them in my life even though I have been retired for three months.  They very kindly include me in things like this.  I'm not sure who all are going, but I do know that Janis, Helena and Maddelena are.  Hopefully they have chosen a decent movie - some of the choices, well, at my age let's say, I can do without watching, LOL

The rain isn't letting up and I need to get out to the Library to pick up a DVD, so here I go, umbrella to the ready............


Of course I got drenched, but it sure does look pretty out there.  Now to while away some time before going out to the movies!!  I'm thinking of going to visit the family again in a couple of weeks.  I'm hoping this time I will get lots of cuddles from Rhys but will try and not be too disappointed if it doesn't happen - terrible two's and all that!!!! but who could resist trying to sneak a cuddle from this little darling..............



Apparently the movie we are going to see this evening is called "I don't know how she does it".

"I Don't Know How She Does It" follows a Boston-based working mother trying desperately to juggle marriage, children, and a high-stress job. Kate Reddy devotes her days to her job with a Boston-based financial management firm. At night she goes home to her adoring, recently downsized architect husband Richard and their two young children. It's a non-stop balancing act, the same one that Kate's acerbic best friend and fellow working mother Allison (Christina Hendricks) performs on a daily basis, and that Kate's super-brainy, child-phobic young junior associate Momo (Olivia Munn) fully intends to avoid. When Kate gets handed a major new account that will require frequent trips to New York, Richard also wins the new job he's been hoping for—and both will be spreading themselves even thinner. Complicating matters is Kate's charming new business associate Jack Abelhammer (Brosnan), who begins to prove an unexpected source of temptation."



Sounds like fun - it had better be, LOL.  I'll let you know later.  I'm home now from being out with the "girls" and I have to say that the movie was cute.  We had a few chuckles and it was good to spend time with them.  I'm hungry now, so I think I'll dig in the fridge and see what I can come up with.  Nighty-night and have a wonderful day tomorrow.