Total Pageviews

Sunday 28 July 2013

Crazy days of summer

Isn't the weather odd?  Recently we had really high and humid temperatures and now it has turned much cooler and we have been deluged with rain, to the point where our streets have been flooded, some like this......











Toronto had similar weather a week or so ago - what is happening to our seasons and weather patterns - changing so, so much and it can't be for the good.

I mention my Boutique quite a bit in my blog so I thought I would show you where it is - it's in an old MNR building, an old warehouse type setting.............


It's perfect for our kind of store and being old and quite shabby, the rent is just right.  I don't think our "landlord" makes any money out of us.

It's been very peaceful at the Boutique for the last couple of weeks, the stress level has gone right down, and I hope it continues.  A few new ladies have been added to the room where I was (I think 6 people have their "stuff" in there now) and I hope we can all get along.  I must say though, I do so much like being on my own and anyway, the lease states that there is no sub-leasing allowed, so on my own I will stay, LOL

Here are a few things that I have been working on..........


Painted this mirror for a friend.  She wants to make a willow stand for it and put it on a dresser.

Turned this calender holder....


into this, a beautiful chalkboard.....


Found two old drawers at the side of the road "free", so I lugged them home and gave them a coat of home-made whitewash paint.  Looking good and now they hold my vintage linens in the Boutique..........



Made this out of another old, and really battered, calendar holder.  I think it looks so cute with its shabby paint job......


Here are a few pictures of my neighbourhood.  I live downtown so it's really nice to see some prettiness.....

This one is taken from the side of the Library where I used to work, it's just across the road from the apartment where I live....


and these are just round and about my apartment.....








A new blogging friend of mine is Sharon Srock and Amazon.com explains her far better than I can....

"Author Sharon Srock went from science fiction to Christian fiction at slightly less than warp speed.  Twenty five years ago, she cut her writer's teeth on Star Trek fiction.  Today, she writes inspirational stories that focus on ordinary women using their faith to accomplish extraordinary things.  A member of the American Christian Fiction Writers, Sharon serves her local chapter in the role of treasurer.  Sharon lives in the middle of nowhere Oklahoma with her husband and three very large dogs.  Her books include:  The Women of Valley View:  Callie and The Women of Valley View:  Terri, both of which are currently available.  The Women of Valley View:  Pam will release in early 2014."

Here is a synopsis of her book "Callie".  I'm sure you will want to read this one and the sequels.


"Three dire circumstances. Three desperate prayers. One miracle to save them all.  Callie Stillman is drawn to the evasive girl who’s befriended her granddaughter, but the last time Callie tried to help a child, her efforts backfired. Memories of the tiny coffin still haunt her.  Samantha and Iris Evans should be worried about homework, not whether they can pool enough cash to survive another week of caring for an infant while evading the authorities.  Steve Evans wants a second chance at fatherhood, but his children are missing.  And no one seems to want to help the former addict who deserted his family.  For Steve to regain the relationship he abandoned, for his girls to receive the care they deserve, Callie must surrender her fear and rely on God to work the miracle they all need."

You can also find out more about Sharon at these links:

Visit her BLOG at: http://www.womenofvalleyview.blogspot.com/
Connect with her on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SharonSrock#!/SharonSrock
Follow her on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/SharonSrock
Find her on Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6448789.Sharon_Srock

If you'd like a chance to get acquainted with THE WOMEN OF VALLEY VIEW you can download a free 39 page PDF here:
http://bitly.com/SmQmUs

My favourite topic.... My granddarlings just came home from spending a beautiful week with their mum and dad at a cottage. The weather was great and they all had a fabulous time.  They needed a good time away.  To finish up, a couple of photos of darling Rhys and sweetheart Katherine.........







Well, that's it for now.  I hope you have a wonderful, happy and healthy week and I will "talk" to you again soon.

Hugs,