Total Pageviews

Tuesday 26 February 2013

Dreaming of Springtime

Winter hasn't begun to give up its grip just yet.  I was out walking the other day and stopped to take a couple of photos......


This one was taken across the road from our City Hall



and this was taken just outside of the place from whence I retired almost two years ago, The Sault Ste. Marie Public Library


The snowbanks are really high this year and the sidewalks haven't been cleared as well as they used to be, which makes it difficult for people like myself who don't drive to get out and about.  Perhaps "they" just don't have the money in the budget this year to spend on snow removal.  By the time I arrive at my destination, even though perhaps only about a ten minute walk, I am in major pain from the jarring and can't wait to sit and rest for a while.  I may as well add that the lack of snow removal has also created large puddles of water at the intersections which one has to wade through to get across the road and I have thoroughly ruined a beautiful (new this year) pair of boots through the dirty, stinky water finding its way in.  I'm sure a few of you know what this means - stinky boots for the rest of their lives.  Not to worry, I bought two more pairs of boots last week, one pair for "best" and the other for trudging to and from the mall, etc. and both sets are guaranteed to be waterproof - we'll see.  Enough of that drivel, onto more fun stuff.

My dear friend Laurie made me this boy doll to sit in an antique highchair which I have for sale at my Boutique.  What a darling she is - always thinking of others, in spite of her eyesight failing - she probably didn't want me to mention that, but hey, it's reality and that lady battles demons on a daily basis and never lets them get her down, especially knowing that one day she will lose her sight completely - pretty worrisome for a lady who is much younger than I (I really love this woman and her hubby isn't too shabby either, LOL)...............



He's only sitting in this antique pram until I take it over to the Boutique


What have I been up to since my last post?  Well, let's take a look..............

This is a letter holder that I repainted and updated.........


and this is another older model which I just re-varnished, looks almost as good as new.........



I did two more lighthouses - I think I like these better than the last ones.....



I repainted an old mirror - the mirror itself is a little damaged but the frame was in great shape........



I dirtied it up a little to give it that "aged" look, but you might like it better left the lighter shade.

I did a few more potpourrie jars with lace and lights..............




Sold this blue one on the weekend.

Look what my darling grandson sent me (aided and abetted by his sweet mum).......................



My very first grandchild painting - can you imagine how my heart skipped a beat when I opened that envelope????

I painted and aged a couple of small tables, one (the red one) is a wall-mounted one and the turquoise is a floor model.........


Before

After


I did a few more Chalkboards - they seem to be very popular at the moment so I'm hoping that the ones I make will be too......










The most fun project I had this last week was creating these pretty boxes.  I guess they can be used for most anything, not just for jewelry, the white one in particular could be used as a small sewing box, especially if your talent only extends to sewing on a button or two.....







Well, I hope you have enjoyed my blog and I'll leave you again with photos of my darling grandbabies, although Rhys is going to be four in June and Katherine will be one in March - time is going just too fast.....



Until we meet again.  Hugs,