Total Pageviews

Sunday 17 June 2012

As time flies by

I can't believe that it's over a week since my last posting.  I have no idea where the time goes.  When I was working the days would drag by and I would long for the weekend which seemed to escape me, but now the weeks are rushing by, not a good thing!!!


I made a great chicken stew last night - this will "do" me for at least a week, and this will be one time when I'll wish for the week to fly by, LOL  I find that if I make a large pot of something I am inclined to eat better than if I just made something each day.  I really don't enjoy cooking now that I am alone and to be quite honest, I think I have lost the knack.  Anyway, here's a picture of my culinary delight................



In my previous post I had mentioned that I had made a cushion cover for my white wicker chair but I still needed to make a larger one for the bottom.  I wasn't looking forward to doing that as I really am quite new to this, but I put on my big girl panties and did the best I could and this is the result, not bad, if I say so myself.............................



I bought a shelf from Pat (The Queen's Cupboard).  It wasn't very attractive but I had plans for it and here are the before and after pictures.........................








You can see that I also added a smaller shelf unit underneath, just an excuse to go and buy more "junk", LOL

I also painted a tray with the option of leaving it just painted or adding a piece of fabric to match the cushion covers I made for my couch..........................







I made some more flower brooches which I hope to sell at my Craft Sales................


They can be used for so many things, not just wearing on a jacket.

Here's another cushion cover I made this evening.  (Actually, I made three of them).  I'm really hooked on making these now and hope that I can include them in my sales and sell them - not expecting to make a fortune, but would like at least to get my money back plus a little..............


Before I say goodnight, I would like to mention a lady who has an extraordinary talent.  She makes beautiful Toothbrush Rugs. Sounds funny doesn't it, but just you wait and see what they are.  She does sell them if you are interested.  Here is the link for you  to go and say hello to Donna and to check it out for yourself.

Here's a picture of my darling little grand-daughter Katherine, she's just about 3 months old now.  I miss my grandkids so much.  Rhys and Katherine, lots of love to you both.



And Rhys when he was about the same age



Well, that's about it for today.  Have a wonderful week.  I appreciate you all for reading my blog and for your welcome comments.